Why are tune-ups important for my vehicle?
Normal vehicle usage causes various parts of your engine to lose their efficiency because of under-the-hood temperature and vibration.
- Regular tune-ups help maintain vehicle safety and performance by ensuring that worn or faulty parts are replaced promptly
- Tune-ups can help you achieve maximum fuel efficiency and vehicle performance
When to get a tune-up
Tune-ups are an important part of regular vehicle maintenance and should be scheduled annually. You should schedule a tune-up sooner if you notice any of the following:
- Your gas mileage is decreasing
- You experience a loss of power or torque
- Your engine sounds like it’s running rough or stalls out at a stop
- You hear knocking or pinging sounds when accelerating or after the ignition is turned off
- Your check engine light remains on after your initial start